Chant,Holler, Din - Years & Years



 I have to admit that I'd stumbled off the beaten track of unsigned music for a wee while. It hadn't been deliberate and I had missed it A LOT so when my amazing illustrator friend Saroj Patel invited me to see her friends band play a gig in East London (another place I'd fallen off the radar of for a while) I jumped at the chance and wasn't disappointed.


Years & Years are a London based 5 piece made up of Emre, Noel, Michael, Olly and Olivier. They describe their music as folktronic and progressive indie which I think personally hits the nail on its head. They are experimental and grow with every gig (I hear) and choose a mix of guitars, pedals loopers, ebow - what is that?, uke , glock, laptops, moog, bass, noise and drums to "create a sonic backdrop for achingly tender vocals to dance over." -http://yearsandyearsband.blogspot.com/
Currently unsigned but not for long in my guessing, listen to the snapshot below for just a taster of their work.


0 comments:

Post a Comment