Places - Paradise

Welcome To Paradise

I am all up for discovering new places me. I relish it... with relish! But when work told me our chosen work day venue was in Kensal Rise I was squeezing the relish bottle for dear life trying to get a small dollop, maybe even the tiniest splat of excitement out of my curiosity slash positivity meter. I was hoping that when I placed my toes upon the pavement of London's truest grey backdrop that I may have for a smidgen of a moment been wrong. I was not. -Although there was a rather dashing 1930s workhouse that had been turned into a gardeners delight. I was on my way to the Paradise Bar, 19 Kilburn Lane, Kensal Green (Don't let the Green fool you!). And I have to say, after that start it certainly was...
The bar was gorgeous, like the bit in Alice in Wonderland/ Through the looking glass when she's in the weird room and then walks through the door into the woods, ah, true secret, wonderous delight!
The food was gorgeous, the staff were super friendly (Even though they're used to serving celebs so could easily be stuck-up and useless!) and the atmosphere was relaxing but fun and energetic! Although the chippendale-esque furniture may have slipped me into a far to comfy, sleepy state when I was trying to listen to important work things!
They have the most beautiful rooms and out side spaces and cater for the most amazing evenings!
Karaoke?, Paradise Carnival Sunday (this month!) -Expect a wild atmosphere and freestyle funk, old school hip-hop, breakbeat, electronic, and general hardcore party music, and the Urban Art Auction Where for £50 you get champagne, a three-course meal and a place at the auction to raise money for Great Ormands Street's Hospital. You can even have the cutest wedding and reception there ever! Nice.
 

1 comments:

  1. The Paradise is my FAVOURITE pub in London!! I LOVE IT! I celebrated my birthday there this year and danced and danced and danced...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete