Tea & Cake in Wonderland - Beautiful Tableware

 A few weeks ago I was in Spitalfields and on my way to the public loos (you have no idea how much I love that market for them!) I discovered Julie Spurgeon selling her wares. An array of beautiful pastel coloured cups and saucers, spread out like a sweetshop across her stall. Absolutely beautiful. When I have my house I'll hunt her down but until then I'll settle for one of her decorative china sugar mice!

Her website isn't currently displaying her pastel range but please admire her masterful artful china, suitable for the most decadent Alice in Wonderland tea party...


"…whether it’s the tinkling sound of bone china cups and saucers, the touch to the lips of a finely flared teacup rim or those delicate, waxy, paper cake cases torn from a little buttery cake... In creating Material Pleasures, ceramics designer, Julie Spurgeon, has embodied the sensual and tactile qualities of English fine bone china. With its pleats and folds, Material Pleasures, weaves a sensory story."


0 comments:

Post a Comment