A Weekend At Home

You know I love my home already. It's my haven, my nook, my sanctuary. I will be showing you my favourite bits very soon, but this is to give you a little back ground first.

I have a very close friend who live around the corner. She is the person who brought the lost corner of London called 'Loughborough Junction' into my life and I never looked back. For the reason that she is a resident there herself and the fact that I'm in love with its nooks, park, pubs and bridges and also the fact that I get to have the art of Camberwell, the gastro of Herne Hill and the streets of Brixton is a big factor as to why I now reside there myself.

Above is Siobhan's farmhouse table that lives on the first floor of her sunny victorian flat that nestles between the other red bricked, bay windowed homes along Cambria Road. She lives there with her boyfriend and 1 year old pup Elkie and we are all very firm friends. There are 4 things we mainly do together. 1, test Siobhan's latest creative and out-of-this-World vegan recipes. 2, Explore Brixton and Camberwell's hidden jewels and dream of one day opening Siobhan's cafe. 3, talk buisiness whilst walking Elks through Brixton Village or Ruskin Park at the end of our road. $, lose triumphantly at The Cambria Pub's quiz night whilst drinking a cocktail of Guinness and peppermint tea.
 Siobhan & Elkie outside Brixton Villages's Federation Coffee

Below is the homepage of her awesome website 'Bless the Weather.com' If you want to see beautiful photography of things she comes across or hire her as your photographer, try out some of her incredibly taste-bud-popping recipes, learn how to knit or buy her knitware from her etsy shop go and check it out. It's really worth a look and trying out her recipes for sure - even hardened carnivores love her food!



So this wknd we started by heading to the farmers market. I bought 3 totes bags worth of vegetables, they were huge organic versions of the piddly things you rummage for at a superstore and it all came to just £12.50!!



Siobhan went home to make lemon & rosemary cake and then rosemary and red onion focaccia whilst I went to the gym and thought about my next design project. I designed Bless the Weather's logo but am now looking at the brand world of Bless the Weather and how we will evolve the identity to ground it in Siobhan's ethical and organic beliefs. I've decided to explore food dyes and watercolours, especially as her logo was hand painted. It seems that her brand world will have an incredibly well grounded 360 degree approach and I can't wait to boil up some purple Kale and get started. The fruits of my labour will be revealed in a few weeks...



Images from http://instagram.com/luburnell


1 comments:

  1. Eek I love this, my dearest Lu! You being my neighbour is the best thing about where we live x

    ReplyDelete