Lomokev

It's been a hectic week so far so my idea of posting mid week was tragically delayed after a big day and night of sketching and visualising I.E My day job - y'know a lady's gotta eat! -But my hard work paid off after I got to join a talk with...
I have always loved photography, spending quite a lot of time in dark rooms at school and college but have always fallen short of properly taking it up as a hobby and if I'm honest, not necessarily making proper use of the facilities either!
I bought a HOLGA 3 years ago and my best mate bought me a Diana a year later and after several unsuccessful attempts of even getting the film out without exposing it I gave up. But after meeting lomokev things might be about to change...
Kev was an art student back in the 90's and got into photography after he was told to buy an SLR as part of his start-up tool kit, he began taking it clubbing with him and was spotted and asked and paid to take reportage stock shots on behalf of the clubs, essentially being paid to party -nice.
Thanks to his amazing eye, fetish for feet and love of the digital age - mainly the web and all its social networks -flickr, getty images, twitter, facebook etc he's gone from strength to strength winning global Lomography contests, shooting for Dr Martins, working for Yahoo,  Getty and having his images splashed all over the pages of magazines, Dell Branding, and Flickr homepages. His love for footwear and music and a summer of festival outings where he spent most of his time rolling around in the mud taking pics of wellies, got him a whole Sunday Times festival advertising campaign, simply because he'd posted his shots on the web,
- Now that's social networking power.
Kev now lives in Brighton as a freelance web developer and photographer, author and teacher. You can go on a 2 day course where you'll be lent a lomo and taught all you'd ever need to know, alternatively pick up one of his two books (the third is on its way!) which will tell you all about types of cameras, techniques and tricks! -I got my owned signed copy -eek!
And me being me, annotated the whole talk along with a portrait doodle, which he noticed then tweeted... *She blushes with embarrassment*
http://www.lomokev.com
flickr.com//lomokev
twitter.com/lomokev
lomokev.tumblr.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment