Object of Lust...

The Power of craft! -Now I can only speak myself but trust me when I say... I have the best mother in the world. Practical, creative, clever, sweet and supportive. I'd call her magic but I'm sure I would have attained some myself through some sort of DNA delivery. Whatever weird and wonderful fancy dress outfit I needed whipping up on a friday night, she's managed to make, be it an octopus, a bag of rubbish or a firework complete with bluetouch paper she's managed it. Vintage Tshirts, granny lace, give her 15 minutes in the loft and she's found you some. Wanna make your own Will? -she can lay her pin-pricked fingertips on a copy in 30 seconds - I told you - Magic!
So it was Christmas and I wanted a snood. I wanted a mustard coloured, thick weaved snood. I wanted a snood that was unique and just how I wanted it.
5 balls of wool, 2 phat, salmon shaded knitting needles,  and an evening and a half later and... Tada!
All you need is to knit a length of wool 30cm wide by 150cm long and knit together, all you need is to be able to knit! So far I've learned that I can knit moth holes into brand new wool so I'm currently leaving it up to 'Mamabu'-my lovingly knicknamed Ma!

1 comments: