The Sunday Roast

What a wet weekend eh? London is grey and groggy this afternoon... a perfect excuse to get a cuppa, a big cushion and get a weekly roundup eh? -So lets begin!
Soooo Music! I've been to a few gigs this week, it started with a beautifully fun gig at The Gallery Cafe where The Sea of Bees played an amazing set. Julie Anne Bee has a very ethereal vocal and her harmonies with her on stage partner are amazing and her banter is adorably humourous! Well worth visiting her site and giving her a listen. At the end of the week I went to see the legend Paul Brady who was pitch perfect with only one stage trip over an amp and one false start to a tune - well, he is in his vintage season! Listening to The Island, Nobody Knows and so many favourites brought a tear to my eye. It was a superb night, with amazing support from John Smith, more to come on him! -But anyway I posted about the Avett Brothers and beautiful family duo who create some of the sweetest melodies and foot tapping tunes, January Wedding has been played many times this week!
Then I told you about a supersexy birdcage lamp thing that I'm so gonna try and make my own version of, like Siobhan suggested on my comments... I've already found the birds and special lightbulb... just need wire and a lamp stand now...
Then I discovered some gorgeous illustration by Marcus chin... and then showed you some of my own illustration.
Momzillas Illustration for Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, Marcus Chin
I then told you my exciting news that I will soon be full time employed at the innovation Group ?Whatif! The super nice, super clever super thinking thinkers of the future -Can't wait!!
And then my Ready Set Go Here of the week was all about the wonderful Charity Settlement Saint Margarets House of Bethnal Green. They are an amazing Charity providing so much support and opportunity as well as food and entertainment that they simply have to be found and visited if you are in the area!

Well that's it for now, I best be off. I'm currently working on two collective identities and my designs for Mothers Day... there's simply no rest for the wicked!
Peace Out Bloggers!x




1 comments:

  1. Yay you're gonna make your own!! You must show me how so I can make one for my house to be :) kiss kiss xx

    ReplyDelete