The Sunday Roast



Its Sunday... A day for walking the dog, kicking the leaves, curling up with the cat, visiting markets, sipping mugs of hot stuff or heading to a drinking hole with friends for a roast and a pint, aahhh..
So how's your week been? I've been in the South of England this week after spending the previous in the North. Devon and Sussex to be exact hanging out in all the lovely cafes and shops they have to offer, yum! But I've been writing to you guys about somewhere very different. One of my favourite places on this Earth, Iceland. I hope you've enjoyed it, I certainly have!
This is Goon. I picked him up at the Blue Lagoon when I visited. I mean you can't go all the way there and not pick up a hairy viking now can you?
I began by teling you about my travels and trying to give you some tips, mainly because, the books are super handy but personal experiences are easier to relate to sometimes and also because if you're anything like me, you get kinderEgg fever after reading the first paragraph of a description and need to skip right to the pictures and miss out on possible vital information -tsk!

I then introduced Sigga Bjorg Sigurdardottir, an icelandic illustrator, currently living in Glasgow but installing a lot of exhiitions in Denmark, her illustrations are reminiscent of Tim Burton but draw on her Icelandic whimsical background and the human emotive condition.
I wanted to let you know about some of the more contemporary, western sounding music that was coming out of Iceland. Who Knew have been around for almost 6 years and have very good writeups, their style is punchy, energetic and there's not a banshee-like cry in ear shot - and more exciting to me, they sing in English, lovely stuff!
Finally an object of lust for me any way. Not everyone's taste but I think its super cute and ultra unique. If this means I'm turning into an old fish wife then Bring-it-on!

As from next week I start my new full-time job -eek! I hope my frantic bloggin continues at this pace, I shall try my best but just in case my updates go from 4 -1 I shall apologise now!
Happy Sundays Me Bloggin Beauties! Mwah! xXx




1 comments:

  1. Happy New Job for you Lu! Hope you have a great first week. Loved your Iceland series, can't wait to go one day! xx

    ReplyDelete