BIB & TUCKER

Beautiful Bottle by BIB & TUCKER

I was scrolling through Pinterest, like many bored designers on their commute, (it's like our Facebook but we're allowed on at work - Yaye!) When a bottle leapt off the page and completely captivated me. It may have just been the warm glow of the whiskey on an autumnal day, perhaps the beautiful photography but I think it was probably the beautifully crafted, custom embossed bottle, which is a great example of how whiskey is re-defining its positioning to the younger UK market as the new 'hip' contemporary drink.
Having discovered Chicken Liquor in Brixton Market this year,(the purveyor of the best Whisky sours I've ever tasted!) I now have a new found love for the stuff and my friend and I try and have our weeky catch ups there routinely! -So my eyes were particularly sparkly when I saw this beauty. 
I love the name for a start. The term “bib & tucker” was apparently used during America’s rough and tumble early days, it was used to describe your finest attire, "the kind you’d wear to a wedding or special dance," I love that, it really takes you to the mid west or southern states of America, with all the spit and sawdust, hot sunny hardworking days, and ho-downing evenings in wooden barns. Quote from http://www.35maplestreet.com
Apparently the beverage release was delayed due to sourcing its bottle, which doesn't surprise me at all judging by so much of its very specific detailing. Sourcing the amber glass, getting the embossing to keep so crisp whilst curving over so many angles would have taken a lot of engineering and development. Plus the detailing of the emboss in general is an absolute craft.
I'm pleased they didn't speed up the process and let us down on the design! Well done
35 Maple Street, is a US spirits company based in California who just released the whisky, which is apparently smooth and sporting notes of chestnut. The taste/ aroma profile of BIB & TUCKER leads with a strong vanilla scent along with fresh cut sweet grass, wet stone and old leather bound books. - You know, a smell like that feel like it should be a candle than being sipped but I'll go with it… It has a taste with a smooth entry, the bourbon is nicely balanced with a hint of sweetness and evolves into a warm, lightly crisp,spicy sensation.finish  BIB & TUCKER lingers in the mouth with a complex, yet balanced chestnutty taste.


0 comments:

Post a Comment