The Cultivating Thought Project

Chipotle cultivates their thoughts through illustration - the brainchild of author JONATHAN SAFRAN FOER, who also serves as its curator.
I love Chipotle but I'm a gal who watches my figure - I can just walk past a burrito bar and put on weight, but now, I'm gonna have to jump into one as these guys have left me chomping at the bit!
Chipotle have always used cups and bags as a way of communicating their unique brand personality and sense of humour. They express their thoughts, and ideas both through art and text . "The  Cultivating Thought series continues this tradition, presenting the words and whimsy of thought-leaders, authors and comedians through unique, you’ll-only-find-them-here essays, each illustrated by a different artist." -Words taken from thttp://cultivatingthought.com/



They want people to connect with the think pieces from the writers who they may or may not of hard of and create a moment of pause to think and possibly reassess in a time where we rarely take time to stop and think.
Chipotle has teamed up with a group of writers and illustrators to create a series of riveting short stories and they look taco terrific! -sorry...
They've even devoted a whole site towards their new offering:http://cultivatingthought.com/
MALCOLM GLADWELL, ILLUSTRATED BY NOAH MACMILLAN
Why are you taking part in this series?
"I loved the idea of connecting to people in the real world. A story isn’t something that has to appear in a book, or on a screen. The goal of storytelling should be to make stories as ubiquitous as music has become. I used to always love when the subway in New York would put poems in the subway cars. This struck me as a similar kind of experiment."
-Words taken from The DieLine


GEORGE SAUNDERS, ILLUSTRATED BY KRISTYNA BACZYNSKI
Why are you taking part in this series?
"Jonathan Safran Foer approached me about it, and I have so much respect for him, as a person and a writer. And I love the idea of putting something literary in a place we might not expect to find it. As someone who is always whining about the dumbing-down of American culture, I felt like this would be a nice way of stepping in and putting my….well, the metaphor breaks down. Putting my words where my mouth is? Hmm."
-Words taken from The DieLine

I can't wait to get down there and grab me some thoughtful grub - I love it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment