Object of Lust

BADASS PICK ME UP
I went to Somerset House's PICKMEUP affordable Art fair last week and had a superb time, as I do every year that I've gone. Prints start from just £10! But I got this beauty for free! 
I've lost the artists business card so as soon as I've found it I will update this blog with their names. They were a collective  in a side room along side Dalston's Print Club and Evening Tweed and I fell in love with it as soon as I walked in the room. The registration paper was hanging from a drying line but I couldn't see a print of it anywhere.
Disheartened but hopeful I asked the lovely beardy man standing behind the table about it and sadly said they'd never made a print but tshirts and totebags. I pulled a frown and asked if they would think about doing any and he very kindly offered me the registration trace for free - naturally I did a little dance, snatched it and ran!
I presented it to my flatmate and framed it that weekend. I feel so lucky to own it and it just goes to show, if you don't ask, you don't get!

1 comments: